In 2013, Mayor Eric Garcetti re-established the Office of Immigrant Affairs (MOIA) in order to promote and advance the economic, cultural, social, and political well-being of immigrant communities in the City of Los Angeles. MOIA’s mission is to develop programs and initiatives to support immigrant integration through the coordination of city services, outreach, and legislative advocacy.
On March 21, Mayor Eric Garcetti will partner with immigration advocates, law enforcement, and faith and community leaders to launch the Cities’ Day of Immigration Action. This day is about standing together on a commitment to compassion, equality, and justice. We’re taking action for the family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers whose lives we share, who contribute so much to our economy and communities, and are the social, cultural, and economic fabric of our cities.
To assist you in preparing for the day, we have developed
- sample press release which can be tailored for use in your city.
- talking points which you can use in public events or an op ed.
- sample proclamation or resolution which can be tailored for your use.
- To upload your immigration story please click here.
- For our toolkit please click here.
- Download our social media guide and please use the following to tweet #MayorsStand4All